A Corporate Responsibility Week under the slogan “A Better Life”
“Empowering People to Live a Better Life!”
For the seventh consecutive year, AXA organized its Corporate Responsibility Week (CR Week) from June 5 to 11, 2017. The event is an annual gathering for all of the AXA Group employees. This year’s CR Week has itself a new goal, oriented more towards the Insurance business: How to contribute to creating a “better life for all?”
Whether prevention of road hazards to improve living conditions, raising awareness about an environmentally responsible activity, health prevention or psychological coaching AXA ME believes it is its duty to provide its employees with the means to live a better life.
In Lebanon, AXA Middle East (“AXA ME”) carried out 4 activities targeting the strategic pillars of AXA Group’s Corporate Responsibility.
- The NGO Kunhadi, represented by Mrs. Lena Gebrane, has led two road safety awareness workshops at AXA Jal el Dib and AXA Hamra, aimed to raise employees’ awareness about the dangers of breaking traffic regulation and drinking and driving. AXA ME is Kunhadi’s partner in the “Decade of Action for Road Safety 2011-2020” project.
- Being committed to minimizing the impact of its activities on the environment, AXA ME undertakes to obtain an ISO 14001 certification. To this end, employees were invited to an introductory session on this standard, hosted by Ms. Christiane Jeha, the consultant of Bureau Veritas Certification office. Ms. Jeha interacted with the employees and explained to everyone how they can contribute to making AXA ME an eco-friendly and environmentally responsible company.
- In partnership with Tamayyaz, AXA ME sought to raise the awareness of its employees on the importance of living a better life while respecting the balance between their professional life and their private life. A workshop entitled “Work-life Balance” was moderated by Mrs. Rita Sebaaly to help everyone live a better life by applying the seven habits of Highly Successful People.
- In collaboration with Goodcare Clinics, a branch of Globe Med Lebanon, AXME has called on Dr. Elia Abdel Massih to hold health awareness sessions on the following topics:
- Cardiovascular diseases
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases
- Anti-aging advice